Working Holiday Visas Australia

There are two types of Working Holiday visas:

  • Working Holiday (subclass 417) visas are open to people who hold a passport from Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or the United Kingdom.
  • Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visas are open to people who hold a passport from Argentina, Austria, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Peru Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, Uruguay or Vietnam.
The iconic Bondi Icebergs

Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)

In general:

  • Individuals between the age of 18 and 30 (inclusive) have the opportunity to apply for this visa
  • limited number of visa application is available/granted per year – in accordance with the current Australian regulations
  • visa holders are eligible to stay in Australia for a period of 12 months
  • cost is $450.00 (in 2019 January)


With this visa you can:


Basic requirements of the first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa:

  • You must have a passport from an eligible country
  • be at least 18 to 30 years old (inclusive)
  • visa application needs to be submitted outside from Australia
  • not be accompanied by dependent children
  • not have previously entered Australia on subclass 462 or 417 visa
  • You can work while you are here in Australia
  • You can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa if you meet certain eligibility criteria
Sydney Opera House | A multi-venue performing arts centre in Sydney, New South Wales

Second Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)

If you have completed 3 months specified subclass 462 work while you were on your First Work and Holiday visa you are eligible to apply Second Work and Holiday Visa

The specified works requirements by regions and professions are:

Specified works: Regions:
Plant and Cultivation northern Australia and other specified areas of regional Australia
Fishing and Pearling northern Australia
Tree farming and felling northern Australia
Tourism and Hospitality northern Australia

With this visa you also can:

  • do short- term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
  • study for up to 4 months
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
  • stay in Australia for the period of maximum 12 months


Basic requirements are identical with the First Work and Holiday visa, such as:

  • have a passport from an eligible country
  • be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive)
  • have completed 3 months of specified subclass 462 work on your first Work and Holiday visa
  • not be accompanied by dependent children

Australia is waiting for you

We are able to provide you with detailed and up to date information about every aspect of international student life in Australia. With our help, you can obtain real life experience about why Australia is really a „Lucky Country”.

Australian Visas

Study in Australia!